Saturday, August 22, 2009

The joy of meeting up another Malaysian.....


I got call from Belinda yesterday, she's asking for some assistant in moving her new house. As a pure Malaysian, who “bantu –membantu*” (helping each other) I immediately agree on the call. I was excited as well, I never did go to any American housing area before, I sure wouldn’t want to miss this opportunity!!!

I know going there alone wouldn’t be a nice option, I have to get the rest of my U-grader to help me out this time. As usual, they agreed upon request (actually, none of us were doing anything during that time). Luka and Danilo was the 1st to say yes, Maria overslept this morning.

Belinda came in very early that day, around 10am, I was excited to have seen Belinda driving us in her new 2009 edition Toyota Camry. (I was still confused with the left hand seating, I end up heading to the driver seat, which is where the front seat usually is). I was amazed by the neighborhood, it was a cozy and lovely area, with all-American household and lot’s of Asian too. But, i was being excited too early, it was a big diffrent from where she is moving to.

This is how her present house looks like.

This is how her future house looks like.


Most American house has a centralize ventilation and air-conditioning. Which I find it quite convenient, the use of centralize system makes the interior more comfortable and cozy. At winter time, all they need to do is switch on the heater, and the whole house will be warm at certain temperature. Besides that, I notice the design of houses here are more spacious in terms of separation of dining room and kitchen, doing that actually gives the house more of a structure and organize area.

Having said that, their house comes with a high definition glass door to prevent bad weather, and snow storm, they actually comes with an attic in the garage section for storage purpose which I find it very practical.

This is some housing area i found it very nice


We met Belinda's son and husband, they were super nice ! i really felt like at home already, Belinda was talking to me in Hokkien which i regrettably don’t understand a word of it, we end up speaking English, it was all familiar face again seeing them. Especially the unique dialect of MAN-glish !!!

The moving of items was no kidding, we get into work right after arrival, it was exhausting. but the moving was unexpectedly fun, no matter big or small it was not a problem for 3 big guys like us. Danilo was kidding about our new name "International Student of House Moving"

After an exauhsting day, we mange to get into the new house and "explore", here are some picture of showing you how an Interior of American house looks like.


The fire place was not an actual thing, it is an artificial gas stove that looks like a fire place, but it was a very nice place to hang out.

During the moving, we were Burning calories....and Burning, i really meant exercise....

The hard days work was really fullfilling, better than doing nothing at room....

after settling all the moving, Belinda told us of bring us to a nearby Chinese All-U-Can eat buffet, i was happy as usual (but, the buffet word was a bit freaky...) i know i'm gona eat a lot... (and that means gaining calories...)

It was a pure chinese restaurant with lot's of familiar faces. and don't forget about the food.....crab legs, mongolian stir fry, seafood donut, etc....

Now i'm feeling guilty as i typed......but, nevertheless, all this comes to my appreacition to belinda and her family....i can't belive i can eat my 2nd chinese food in my 2nd week....

This is the pic i took with her family, the 1st pic at the right is Belinda, and the last pic is showing Luka how happy he is with the seafood donut....he's being a bit addicted with chinese food ever since last time....

Meeting a Malaysian here means a lot to me, now I realize how lucky it is to have a “Se-kampung” here, I have some of my international friends here who only can tell us how nice her country here without able to share it with another countryman, I really do hope that I can see more Malaysian here. At least I know now, I’m not the only one here. You will be surprise to have that feeling of meeting another Malaysian in a foreign land.

9 days to go for my country celebration of independence. I will be sitting here at my laptop waiting for that moment to yell Merdeka… =)



p.s. I hope my friends back in M’sia are doing fine. Miss our Mamak time already… and nasi lemak panas…


No comments:

Post a Comment